Vaseline is one of my favorite products. I’ve always used it as a child and credit it to my super soft skin as an adult. A few years ago, Tyra Banks said her must have fashion accessory was Vaseline – even Marilyn Monroe used the petroleum jelly as a night-time moisturizer. Here’s my top 10 beauty uses for Vaseline (don’t forget to try it):
- Makeup Remover
- Applied under eye shadow it can create a shiny effect. Also, use with your lipstick to create a cream blusher for your cheeks
- Defines eyelashes and leaves them with a glossy and waterproof look. It also tames unruly eyebrows
- Can be used as a moisturizer for acne sufferers (it is a misconception that it clogs pores)
- Helps reduce scarring
- Helps heal and protect new tattoos
- Prevents lips from sticking to teeth for celebrities and contestants in beauty pageants who smile a lot (It also moisturizes dry, chapped lips)
- Used in manicures under cuticles. It also keeps fingernails pliable and resilient
- Can be used in massages
- Maintains perfume scent longer when applied at perfume points before spritzing the perfume
And, I don’t have a child yet, but I’ve heard that Vaseline helps heal cracked nipples caused by breast feeding.
Tell me: what’s your Vaseline secret?