I LOVE handbags. Really, that’s all I ever wear. I have a nice collection of leather, structured top-handle bags. Ladies, we are all known to carry everything, but the kitchen sink in our portable apartments. So, read below for the inside scoop on what’s in my bag.
This bag is about a year old. It’s an epi leather speedy from Louis Vuitton. I love it and wear it frequently because it’s so easy.
Um, I should have really ironed this romper. What was I thinking? The wrinkles look horrible. Although the color is bad, I like this picture, ’cause I look just like my mother in this one.
This bag can hold a lot, but I didn’t pack much on this summer Saturday. During the week, I usually have a magazine and lunch crammed into this purse.
- LeSportSac Nylon Cosmetic Bag- Réal gave me this cosmetic bag a few years ago. This small bag is the heart of all of my handbags. I have tampons, lip gloss, lip stick, oil blotting sheets, hand santizer, pony tail holders, safety and bobby pins. (I’ll do another post on these items later.) It’s so easy to change bags when you don’t have to worry about all the small items. I just remembered that I need to empty out the bag and throw it in the washing machine.
- Altoids – I now carry the small mint case instead of that big ole box, cause it doesn’t take up a lot of space. And, ladies, everytime someone offers you a mint or a piece of gum take it — no matter what. And, everytime someone puts a mint or a piece of gum in their mouth, that’s your cue to do the same. You are doing you and that other person a favor.
- Umbrella – I NEVER leave the house without an umberella. NEVER. This small automatic umberella is from Samsonite. And, it fits into every handbag I have.
- Coach leather business card holder – This was also a gift from my friend, Tiffany. I have had this same business card holder for over 10 years. At any given moment, I could be asked for my business card and I’m always prepared.
- Nylon rain hat – This rain hat takes up no space in my bag. I wear it on those misty days where you look foolish holding an umbrella, but the wetness could definitely mess up a ‘do. It’s not very stylish, but I always get complimented when I wear it.
- Red leather clutch wallet – This wallet was a gift from Janet and kudos to her for searching high and low to give me exactly what I wanted. It wasn’t easy to find an all-leather, accordian wallet. In Chinese and other Asian societies, it is customery to give money in a red envelope. The red color of the envelope symbolizes good luck and is supposed to ward off evil spirits. I only USE RED WALLETS– don’t mess with my money, honey.
- Bottle of vitamins – I take a multi-vitamin, garlic pills, viviscal, and biotin daily and keep them all in a small pill bottle.
- Two pens – “Hey, you never know.”
- Money – I can make it rain with $10. LOL
So, beauties, what’s in your handbag? What does your handbag say about you?